19.2.09

A letter from Wien

Previous note: My english is terrible, but I must write this post in English because I promised to write. So, excuse the grammar mistakes and also the spelling...

Dear Marek:

I arrived excelent to Wien. In the train I met a woman who help me to buy the transport ticket. She hardly can speak english, but she helped me. Its interesting how many people you know when you travel. I like it. Even when this meeting is just for a few minutes.
I moved into the hostal, who was easy to find and a nice place. 8 beds in one room, its ok. After leaving my luggage on the hostal I went out to one of the main commercial streets. All was great... but very soon begin to bored about the same stores, the same food (McDonalds, Kentucky) as in every part in the world... When my expectatives begin to fall... The old city appears:

FUCK! IT WAS AMAZING! I Cant Believed it! It is monumental, magical, incredible. I cant stop smile... then I remind you, and how much I wish that you could be there to watch it, with me. There were to many things and I just cannot handle. When a Violin begins to play, I almost cried. Their laberyntic estructure make me feel surprise every street I crossed, because there is a big building and you think that is too much, that there cannot be something else and then something majestic appears! That happened me with the cathedral of St Stephan... and when the bells begin to sound... "My gosh" it was too much. It was a orgasmic sensation crossing me.



But... that was not all... Lot of monuments, buildings, it is crazy, really. Every corner, every street, too much... When I finally sit down in one chair while I eat a very expensive beef dish (for me) I cant believed that Id been there... I continued walking and walking. To the river, to the centrum, to wherever... The only thing who worried me was that I hadn´t a better camera for night shots... :( Whatever, all is here in my memory... almost fresh, alive.



I went to sleep very late, like 1 am, everyone in the room was sleep, and my computer in the locker, so I cannot tell you by msn all the things that I saw...

In the morning, I wake up early, take a shower and going down to breakfast... Its funny, too many young people in the same place... eating cereal, milk, coffe, and egs... Reminded me my Chicago days. Now one thing I realised, I love this sensation of travel, and know new places, new people. I talked with a man, probably from India when I picked up my things to take them to a locker in the train station, because at night I will move to Budapest, was a very brief conversation, but he looked happy to travel. And really, the times I spent travel it was the best of my life... Now is one of this moments when I feel full. It was like a marathon... 3 places to go in less than one week. Wien was the first. Incredible start.

I found a exposition of Edward Hooper, really nice even when it doesn´t has the "Nighthawks" painting... I went to visit other places and also to go inside of the museum of art... Where I saw some Bruegel paintings


What else I can say, that is incredibly... this feeling of magnifiscent... I would like to spend more time in Wien, watching new things, new tastes, more buildings, more art... but live in Wien is so f%#%"$ng expensive for me... 2 euros for a coke! 10 for a saussage! Too much... Maybe one day, after we have succesful with our tropicana place in Tulum...

At night I went back to the train station. Drunk with too many things in my eyes... My brain cannot process all, is too much. But I am so happy. I knew that by this time you were sick... I am so sorry, hope you will get better soon... Too much snow and cold at night... I hope to see you soon.

Exponential Hugs and kisses from Wien,
Fer

PD - I miss you.

1 comentario:

AmoaGuilleMostaza dijo...

El video de la campanada me tiene loco.Vaya maravilla!!!En estas austeras tierras somos austeros hasta para tocar las campanas,no sea que se nos gasten!!
Vaya viaje chulo.Me encanta la crónica,es usted idéntico al tío de los Fraggel...jajajajaja,con cariño claro está.
Besos y abrazos varios.

Powered By Blogger